Caring for Your Pearls
Posted on October 25 2018
Pearls are one of nature's great wonders - created naturally by mollusks as a defense mechanism to protect against foreign bodies that enter their shells. Their beauty and value are undeniable. With a little special care, your pearls will last lifetime.
Here are five tips for caring for your pearls:
1. Store your pearls in a soft pouch for protection. Keep them separate from other jewelry so that they don't get scratched.
2. Pearls need to be worn to absorb the oil from your skin. If you don't wear them enough, they can dry out and lose luster.
3. Never wear your pearls in the shower or the pool. Even though pearls were created underwater, they do not like to be in water.
4. To clean your pearls, simply wipe them with a soft white cloth to remove any dirt that has accumulated.
5. When wearing your pearls, do you not use creams and lotions on areas that touch your pearls (neck or wrist) and also be careful not to spray any perfumes on or near your pearls. The pearls will take on any sent that you put near them and the chemicals can dry them out.
Ursula wearing a double strand of natural white keishi pearls.